Things we're reading today include ...
- RBS pledges return to normality by 2019 - 11 years after its £45bn taxpayer bail-out
- RBS chief Sir Philip Hampton is leaving 'terrible legacy' after six years at helm
- U.S. firms fear financing drought as deadline looms for trade bank
- Australia to join China-led bank
- 'Business as usual' for City banks if UK left the EU
- Moody’s to reassess clearing house risks
- Another day, another headline about Greece
- Bankers face ten-year wait for their bonuses under new rules
- New bank bonus limits don't go far enough, warns Andrew Tyrie
- Yet another 'unthinkable' solution is on the cards in Switzerland
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...