Things we're reading today include ...
- US authorities break up 'insider trading ring' that used Ukrainian hackers
- South Korea moves towards first online-only bank
- Commonwealth Bank announces record $9bn profit, seeks to raise $5bn in capital
- Carney tells Osborne: Bank of England may need more power to go after risk takers
- Co-op Bank escapes regulatory fine
- China's currency devaluation sends global exporters reeling
- China's radical steps leave the UK ticking over nicely
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...