Things we're reading today include ...
- French are stingiest tippers in the world (and Brits are not far behind)
- China lets yuan fall further, fuels fears of 'currency war'
- China moves to calm fears over global currency war
- The yuan devaluation's global impact
- China central bank tries to soothe global markets, says no basis for yuan to fall further
- China's bubble burst after an expansion driven by superstition
- Exclusive: Greek bank access to bailout cash to be restricted
- RBS gives its top staff £1.8m in stock awards - but boss pledges his share to charity
- Hackers stole secrets for up to $100 million insider-trading profit: U.S
- Watchdog cracks down on bonuses at payday lenders
- A rather disturbing benefit of having a good City job
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...