Things we're reading today include ...
- Three charged in largest US cyber-hack
- EU bank chiefs paid less than US rivals
- Saudi Arabia to sell debt in the first sign the oil producer may be running out of cash
- AB InBev, HSBC, Google, 8 others to testify at EU tax hearing
- Britain's £34bn uncollected 'tax gap' is no worse than other countries', says HMRC tax head
- For capitalism to thrive we must break our debt addiction
- Smaller banks can challenge the big boys on current accounts, says Jayne-Anne Gadhia
- Taxman urges people to use Twitter and 'web chats' rather than call
- UBS chairman: Brexit will not undermine the City of London
- The distressed debt vulture now gobbling up the Cayman Islands
- Dirty money: At least 19 UK firms under investigation for an alleged conspiracy to make $20bn seem legitimate
- ABN Amro to raise up to £3.1bn in IPO
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...