Things we're reading today include ...
- Co-op Bank shows signs of recovery after near-collapse
- A sorry tale of how the cap on bankers' bonuses backfired
- Mario Draghi: ECB chief signals further monetary easing as deflation fears grow
- Banks expected to adopt new technologies rather than be overrun
- British banks ordered to stop dodging bonus cap
- Unregulated 'shadow banking' now worth £53 trillion
- 15 million UK jobs at risk from robots, warns Bank of England
- Report into HBOS's £40bn collapse to be published after years of delays
- Deutsche shakes up line-up at divisions
- Apple 'launching money transfer app'
- Red tape and taxes will destroy the City, says UK's former top regulator
This week's Economist:
Stolen from Heavy.com
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...