Things we're reading today include ...
- TransferWise losses widen sixfold after massive growth push
- Investment banking plagues Deutsche Bank
- City watchdogs open probe into HBOS directors
- Sixth man in Libor trial acquitted
- Bank of Japan adopts negative interest rates – video
- Fed owns up to global risks in statement shift
- TSB profits fall as it spends to win new customers
- Barclays faces '£1bn lawsuit' over 2008 financial crisis deal
- HSBC online banking glitch on key day
- George Osborne delays final sell-off of Lloyds shares due to market turmoil
- Barclays faces £700m legal action
- Is it time to halt the rise of ETFs?
- It's time to replace the SFO with a new body
This week's Economist:
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...