There are lots of predictions being made for 2017. After all, it's that time of year. So, having reviewed whether mine were right or wrong at the end of 2016, my first blog for 2017 is to make 10 predictions for 2017.
Rather than making this a long and detailed blog update, it's just 10 headlines we can expect to see this year. Here you go:
- The FinTech buzz continues, but not in the USA (look East)
- Ant Financial gets global applause (these guys aren’t staying in China)
- A FinTech unicorn stumbles (this market is still nascent)
- RegTech moves deeper into bank infrastructure (and demands real-time access)
- Regulators compete to innovate more (2016 bubbled, 2017 steams)
- A major global bank gets broken into pieces (systemically important with systemic issues)
- SWIFT gets hacked again (how many times can this happen?)
- A blockchain proof of concept goes mainstream (how long can we test the technology?)
- Banks get chatty (chatbots are all the rage)
- Machine learning and artificial intelligence are all the rage (related to above, but data wars begin)
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...