Things we're reading today include ...
- JP Morgan boss says France won't lure City workers with current employment laws
- After Brexit
- Funding Circle gets £40m in state backing to tackle business loan squeeze
- 'A major bank will fail'
- Japanese insurance firm replaces 34 staff with AI
- Young to inherit more but in less equal amounts, says IFS
This week's Economist:
- 2016 may have been an economic as well as political turning-point
- “Open outcry” is in retreat but futures and options trading-volumes surge
- Economists 'as bad as weather forecasters'
- Supervisors put off finalising reforms to bank-capital rules
- When stars die, insurers count the cost
- The high economic costs of India’s demonetisation
- “Impact investing” inches from niche to mainstream
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...