Things we're reading today include ...
- Lloyds boss urges UK to maintain its trade relationship with the EU
- Labour demands review into City of London role in money-laundering
- Banks consider 555 fraud 'hotline'
- Thirty years ago this week, Wall Street slid into the abyss
- Goldman Sachs boss talks up Frankfurt as Brexit talks loom
- Goldman Sachs chief Lloyd Blankfein hints at Frankfurt move
- British banks can’t be trusted – let’s nationalise them | Owen Jones
- This is not just a mortgage; it’s an M&S mortgage
- The investment fraud costing victims £26,000 each
- HBOS takeover: Lloyds buyout was unique opportunity, says defence QC
- A rash of bankruptcies hits Chinese lenders backed by state firms
- Buying failing HBOS was 'unique opportunity', argues Lloyds lawyer
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...