Things we're reading today include ...
- HSBC banking head to quit months after scathing memo
- Cryptocurrency companies use 'backdoor' listings to ease into mainstream
- Labor will allow bank victims to reopen cases and lift claims cap to $2m
- Barclays pledges to return more money to shareholders
- Bankrupt businessman set fire to £70k cash after telling creditors he would rather burn the money than pay them, court hears
- Nomura invests in Brevan Howard venture so robots can price trades
- UK economy £100bn smaller because of austerity – thinktank
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...