Things we're reading today include ...
- MPs tell government to intervene if banks don't do enough to halt branch closures
- Atom Bank seeks £50m after Brexit derails BBVA bid
- Holding Bankers to Account by Oonagh McDonald
- Exclusive: Turkey presses banks to agree high-stakes bailout of bad energy loans
- How Mifid II hurts European investment banking
- Metro Bank quashes 'false' rumours of financial instability
- Bad governance makes banks perilous investments
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...