Things we're reading today include ...
- Lloyds to start paying quarterly dividends
- Bitcoin extends losses, down more than 20% to below $6,300
- Top banking regulator stresses UK should not be ‘rule taker’ post-Brexit
- Mifid II critics are not seeing the big picture
- Metro Bank got there eventually, but this story is not over yet
- Fundraising call by Metro Bank raises £375m in three hours
- UK banks fined €1bn by EU for rigging foreign exchange market
- Jeff Koons' Rabbit sculpture breaks record for living artist with £71m sale
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...