Things we're reading today include ...
- Visa and Mastercard earnings highlight consumer spending woe
- Deutsche Bank speeds up office closures to cut costs
- Joe Biden looks like a safe pair of hands for the US economy | Jeffrey Frankel
- The world's banks must start to value nature and stop paying for its destruction
- ‘Shops refusing cash left me unable to buy basics’
- An Americano, my barber and Wirecard
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...