Things we're reading today include ...
- UK banks 'take Brexit in their stride' as they outgun French rivals for the first time since 2015
- Rakuten shares climb 2% on bank unit listing progress
- Augmentum Fintech remains bullish on fintech, despite slashing investment
- Layoffs could signify the fintech bubble is about to burst
- Higher interest rates may not slow inflation, and central banks are partly to blame
- ‘Just closed my [bank] account. They can stick their pronouns up their/his/her arse.’
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...