In our final FU before Christmas, we made it a jolly one and, before you watch this week's show, how about a little quiz for yourself?
- The fastest growing service ever launched achieved over a million users in five days. Who or what is it?
- Central banks cannot go bankrupt. However what made the Belgian Press decide publish an article asking that question?
- What should we all hope for to put on our 2023 Christmas list?
- Indonesia’s Central Bank Governor has a plan to make CBDCs in the country a tremendous success. What is it?
- In stories on human vs machines, humans always win through smart solutions to fight machines. Realities is not always that heroic. How did humans win the fight again KmsdBot?
- What's the best way to buy your Christmas presents this year for free!?
Oh, and talking about Christmas, check out our Christmas jumpers. They're dope! Meantime, you can find all the answers to the above here:
Links to stuff we spoke about:-
- Hive Social and Mastodon both gaining a flood of new users as people flee Twitter following Musk’s takeover
- But the real story of the week was all about Open API’s ChatGPT that saw a massive influx of new users
- There are however some questionable uses of ai-chatbots right now ……
- Belgians are wondering if their Central Bank can go Bankrupt (Article in Dutch)
- ING actually posted an article recently about why they can’t
- Brits should be worried about the huge tax bill they face after the BoE admitted they had no idea of the full impact of QE
- Central Banks everywhere are facing a similar crisis
- Sam Bankman Fried is turning into a money making machine for Michael Lewis
- Central Banks on Social media? Who knew?
- Indonesia figures it has the right way to get CBDC adoption – we’re not so sure
- Typos huh?
- Need a bit of extra cash this Christmas? If you’re in the UK, this could help
We will be back in January!
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...