Just when you thought Fintech Uncut (FU for short) was quiet, we are back and louder than ever. Here's to a 2023 of FU!
There was a lot of angst this week, due to toxic cultures, relationships and losses – sadly just another week in Fintech and Financial Services ...
Here are the links to the stuff we spoke about:-
- Some Bank of America customers resorted to prayers when their money disappeared overnight
- But the real tears were all about Genesis and Gemini
- But if you’re lucky enough to live in Scotland then perhaps you’re happy about this Genesis news
- Could using this year’s Pantone Colour of the year help your Fintech launch?
- Or maybe rather take note of what JP Morgan has been doing to attract customers?
- Don’t believe that DJ D-Sol is real?
- Goldman Sachs have to be crying over their complete waste of money surely?
- Maybe they shouldn’t have called their customers Muppets all those years ago …..
- Andrew Tate and Elon Musk are both having ongoing problems
- But the epic Twitter thread by Brett Harrison (former president of FTX US) gave fresh insight into toxic relationships in the industry
- Chat GPT is really convincing about fake news
- But this news about Congress wasn’t at all fake …..
- Talking about toxic culture – Revolut is trying something different – but insist it’s not (only) because of the FCA review
- And because Chris loves the song, here’s a gratuitous link to “Do you really want to hurt me“
If you enjoyed the show, please do share across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...