Things we're reading today include ...
- European fintech funding drops 70% in first half of 2023 (thenextweb.com)
- 2023 “painful” for European fintech but longer-term outlook positive, says leading European VC - Tech.eu
- European BaaS and embedded finance fintech Swan raises €37m Series B - AltFi
- US bank reform is going backwards | Financial Times (ft.com)
- Goldman fires transaction banking chief over communication policy breaches | Financial Times (ft.com)
- Citigroup CEO Jane Fraser reorganizes business (cnbc.com)
- Has the European Central Bank become too powerful? (economist.com)
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...