Things we're reading today include ...
- Metro Bank strikes late-night rescue deal - BBC News
- Metro Bank has ‘limited future’ because of reliance on branches, says co-founder (telegraph.co.uk)
- Metro Bank: What's going on and is my money safe? - BBC News
- Who is the Colombian billionaire taking a high stakes punt on Metro Bank? | The Guardian
- Analysis: Metro rescue puts Britain's banking underdogs under spotlight | Reuters
- Bank of England flags concerns over longer mortgages and rise in credit card use | Business | The Guardian
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...