Holidays are all about taking a break and it seems Goldman Sachs is thinking about taking a break from their relationship with Apple. Will this be the end of their foray into consumer finance after losing more than $3 BILLION since 2020 on their experiment?
SOME of the cast of the show managed to meet the holiday brief this week (including Mary’s pup Benedict, featured here and in the intro ) in the last episode before the team takes a break over summer. The Wise Guy had already made an early departure which saw the Mighty Mushtaq return to step into his (apparently smaller) shoes
Watch the show here:
Links to the stuff we spoke about:-
- The end of Ant Group’s regulatory review appears to be close – although it will come at a hefty price
- Orange Telecom is in talks to get out of consumer finance
- Are Goldman Sachs and Apple breaking up?
- Beware the BRUTAL HEATWAVE hitting Europe if you’re going on holiday!
- No, we don’t really think Visa is going to be bringing Pismo to Spain anytime soon, but take a look at what they are doing with them
- If you hadn’t heard of Turkish Neobank Papara before, you’re not alone
- Economists warn the BoE about the impact of pushing the interest rates too high
- Find out more about the Payments Association’s latest publication and Project Inclusion here
- Is excluding access to financial services due to people’s political opinion ethical?
- Don’t wait too long to retire – life expectancy has fallen!
- Should Hollywood be worried about their jobs?
- Could AI spark the next financial crisis?
- AI is certainly sparking a whole new wave in fraud
- Australians struggling to get their hands on cash
- Maybe they should take a look at what the UK Post Office is doing – are they quietly becoming a bank??
If you enjoyed the show, please do share a link across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...