A major Global Bank registered a trademark this week for a “ChatGPT like” service to help clients with investment advice although global finfluencer Paolo Sironi thinks they aren’t taking “FU” into account in their algorithms.
It seems our quizmaster Rik might have been spending a bit too much time with ChatGPT this week as he busts out the Fintech poetry in an episode that includes crypto, ai killer drones and hugs. Watch the show here:
Links to the stuff we spoke about:-
- Monzo increased their provision for bad loans by over 600% although one article states their move to profitability another announces a loss – it’s all a bit confusing
- What’s Revolut’s Plan B?
- Is “cricktech” a thing yet or is Chris just trying to coin a new phrase?
- What impact will HSBC’s new global ESG index have?
- Hong Kong opens crypto exchange licensing
- JP Morgan filed a trademark for a new ai investment service and our good friend Paolo Sironi pointed out why they might need to consider their algorithm’s capability
- Meta buying Meta is a bit Meta don’t you think?
- Redneck Bank and Tightwad Bank are really real banks and there are a few more dubious names that have existed in the past too!
- But really – HSBC COULD HAVE BEEN MORE IMAGINATIVE with their re-branding of SVB!
- Chris has been writing about AI this week on his blog
- Andrew thinks more Financial Services Regulators should look at what the Monetary Authority of Singapore is doing to stay ahead of the pack
- Henry Kissinger gave an eight hour interview to The Economist this week which included him sharing his concerns about AI – which are shared by many others
- It seems his concerns are not unfounded according to the US Air Force …..
- The fact that Natwest Celebrity Scam Super League is a thing is a sad indictment of the state of social media scamming these days
If you enjoyed the show, please do share a link across socials to help us grow and don’t forget to SUBSCRIBE to be notified of the next episode!
Chris M Skinner
Chris Skinner is best known as an independent commentator on the financial markets through his blog, TheFinanser.com, as author of the bestselling book Digital Bank, and Chair of the European networking forum the Financial Services Club. He has been voted one of the most influential people in banking by The Financial Brand (as well as one of the best blogs), a FinTech Titan (Next Bank), one of the Fintech Leaders you need to follow (City AM, Deluxe and Jax Finance), as well as one of the Top 40 most influential people in financial technology by the Wall Street Journal's Financial News. To learn more click here...